Wednesday, May 03, 2006

 
I wrote this yesterday:

Life has been hectic in the last week. The timing belt on my car went out. I finished the solo-ing part of my student teaching, had my final evaluation, and got my letter of reference. I got strep throat on Saturday and although I showed up at school yesterday I only stayed for a couple of hours, and then came home. We had a party last night at our house (which poor Erica sat through), and this morning I'm still at home.

However, things do change. My car is fixed, I went to the doctor and got on some drugs, I feel better, and I had a phone interview a little while ago to place me teaching English in S. Korea.

And the guy liked what he heard (amazing), and said I was what they were looking for, and apparently now I'm in the Employers' File, and they'll search for a job for me.

It seems everything is happening really fast. I'm graduating on Saturday (my roommate says "i can't believe they're giving me a diploma!"), I get my teaching license fairly soon, I'm leaving for Mexico, my parents are moving to Mexico.

And i have to get all my crap out of this house. Hello dumpster.

And I'm kinda freaking out right now.

-------------------------------------------------

One of the most exciting things for me is to be able to tell this guy my experience in classrooms, my jobs, and my volunteer stuff (mexico, hot chocolate), and him sounding very impressed with it all. I can't believe that's the sort of stuff that makes employers happy- it's my life. These are the things I've decided to fill my life with- not because I was thinking of a future resume, but because these are things I've loved to do. And now it's magically paying off. That's pretty amazing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?