Saturday, February 11, 2006

 
i forgot a few things about running. I forgot:
it gives me tiny blisters on the tips of my toes
i always scratch my right shoe on the inside of my left ankle
my face turns beet red
how i get to think about everything while i'm running. this girl can't afford an ipod.
i also forgot how good it makes me feel.

_____________________________________________________

please. nobody else ask me if I'm a parent of a student at my school. And especially don't ask me if I'm the parent of a fifth grader. Do i look that old?
______________________________________________________

Last night we had a party and had a wonderful time. at one point i sat in the middle of the living room and stared off into space, and for some reason I just wanted to cry. I really have no idea why.

Comments:
I got asked if I was a parent of an elementary school repeatedly back when I did yard duty. And I was 19 and 20! Even if I was the parent of a kindergartener, I would have been 14 or 15 at the time.

I think I'll feel differently about my students when they are the same age as my friend's daughters. (Currently 3 and counting)
  |
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?