Monday, August 22, 2005

 
Today, on the way home from work and the library, I saw a fellow walking his dog. "How nice," I thought to myself, "a fellow walking his dog on a nice warm, sunny day." Yes, this gentleman was indeed walking his dog, in the casual wardrobe that consisted of a white undershirt and grey sweatpants. As I stopped at the stop sign I realized that this man was walking his daschund not by holding the leash by his hand, but walking the dog while having the leash tied around his belly. And by "his belly" I mean the man, not the dog. That leash sure is heavy.

I love people. I sincerely do. I love that this man wanted to tie that leash around his stomach instead of hold it in his hand. I love that it was warm and sunny and so many people were out riding their bikes. I loved walking with those kids today, yet having to tell them to "shhh, we're in public" when they started talking about bodily functions in the local coffee shop.

Yiza. I love people.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?