Sunday, June 12, 2005

 
I had a great day yesterday. I slept in, sat around, cleaned and organized. Matt came over. We went and bought CDs, he got something to eat, we watched Spanglish, and then we went to the Headphones/Crystal Skulls show. I really enjoyed both bands, was glad we checked out the new Doug Fir restaurant/lounge where the show was, but I decided I just can't hang out there except for shows. Too swanky and upscale. I felt completely out of place.

My roommates have been gone all weekend and I've gotten bored. I went to church by myself today and ... it was weird. I went early thinking Natalie was going to be there, but she didn't show. I sat by myself for 20 minutes before service started, reading through the bulletin 20 times to pretend like I wasn't completely lonely. The sermon was great (as it usually is), but for communion he said to come up in groups. I know it wasn't a demand, but a suggestion, but of course I had no one to go with. So I didnt' take communion this morning. It always sucks to know how it feels to be the odd one out at a church you're not completely familiar with.

But I went to lunch with my parents and grandma, and my mom was being really cool and asking me about the concert, who the bands were, what the place was like, etc. That made my day.

I got four cds yesterday, but only paid for three. And I don't steal.

White Stripes- Get Behind Me Satan
Blood Brother- Burn, Piano Island, Burn
Headphones- Headphones
Crystal Skulls- Whatever the Name is

It's serious cd-listening time.

Comments:
Ah! We are LOVIN the new white stripes...
  |
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?