Friday, May 20, 2005

 
Last night Natalie, Matt, Stephanie and I all went to a free lecture downtown given by Eric Schlosser, the author of "Fast Food Nation". If you haven't read this book it needs to be at the top of your "to-read" list. He focused on obesity and the food industries affect on children in our country. I knew the statistics and stories because of reading the book, but it was good to hear him talk about it all, and to get more ideas about what we can do. Especially since I'll be a public school teacher, it was nice to know that I matter in the decisions kids make.

To commemorate- we ate at Burgerville beforehand. Ha. And then went back afterwards so a couple of us could get treats. I just found that ironic. The night included Matt and Natalie dancing in the Burgerville dining room. Matt said to the guy who was mopping "sorry, we're just dancing" and the guy responded "it's alright. I wish I could be dancing". Ha! So we said "join us!" but he didn't. He must've been intent on getting those floors clean. Or intent on getting a paycheck. I'm betting on the latter.

I swear to you- whenever I hang out with this group of people I feel alive.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?