Friday, April 22, 2005

 
new tires: 313 dollars
new rear brakes and a new water pump: 82 dollars
a gallon of gas: 2.39

driving a car you adore: priceless.

I can't believe I just succumbed to the master card commercial!! but I just did.

I'm rather upset with myself. I haven't eaten meat in a long time. I can't remember whether tomorrow makes it two or three weeks. There were a couple of times when I blatantly ate meat and knew it. I had a half a chicken nugget when my will power wouldn't kick in. I ate one chicken wing at Red Robin. Monday I ate a burrito with meat at a hole in the wall place where there weren't vegetarian options and I don't know if I could've communicated it well enough. And a burrito tastes good with beef in it.

But last night. LAST NIGHT was Latin food night in the cafeteria and I just took a tamale. And I ate it. It wasn't good at all- it was terribly dry- but i ate it anyway. And not until I got back to the house did I realize "you stupid! that had meat and you didn't even think about it!" I had been so conscious of what I was putting my mouth the last few weeks, and then I just let a gross tamale get me down. Bah!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?