Saturday, January 01, 2005

 
it's been movie-mania in my life recently. Napoleon Dynamite came out last Tuesday so we had a party. Garden State came out this Tuesday. Wednesday night I headed over to our house on campus to meet up with Stephanie and Andy to go see Life Aquatic. They were about 20 minutes into watching Garden State so of course I joined in on that action. I really love that movie.

Life Aquatic was great. We went to a 10:25 show and I had been up since 5am, so I was REALLY afraid I was going to be too sleepy to really pay attention, but that wasn't the case at all. I'll probably be seeing it again with another friend (Natalie!! This is you!!) and I'm really looking forward to it. I loved the feel and aesthetics (is that how you spell it?) of the movie. The crusty boat, the inside view of the ship, the animated creatures, the locale, and the deserted island. love love love. Besides the fact that we laughed out loud throughout the whole movie. And when I say laughed out loud I mean LOL!

oh geez. Anyway- so tomorrow night we're going to go see The Motorcycle Diaries downtown. Andy and Stephanie are really interested in seeing it. I saw it a couple months ago for my 410, so i was too busy writing notes (not good in a movies with subtitles) and i told them I'd love to see it again if they decide to go. Also- I heart Huckabees is playing at a cheap theater in town so Stephanie and I will go to that maybe Wednesday. It seems like everyone's seen it but me- so I can afford a 2 dollar movie.

And as for this weekend... last night I was on-call as a nanny until 9:30 so I spent most of the day out shopping and then got four movies. Here's a slight rundown:

Friday night
This is Spinal Tap- okay I don't have much to say about this except that I loved it. I think I rate these movies in this order: A Mighty Wind, This is Spinal Tap, Waiting for Guffman, Best in Show. oh man... so great.

Saved- I had really mixed feelings about this one. It makes me cringe through most of it, but other parts were funny. I know they take really great stabs at Christianity and especially the teenage antics of it all... but man. It was SO incredibly over the top and over done that it drove me up the wall. In the end it just seemed like another shallow teen comedy/drama with superficial relationships. I could NOT get past that... that's why I didn't like it.

Today
The Terminal- It was enjoyable, but probably not something I'd watch again. It reminded me of Cast Away- but I enjoyed Cast Away 10 times more.

Gangs of New York- I'm really into history so I was interested in this. Umm. way too many boobs in the movie. And really really graphic- but the story was great. It's a typical "you killed my father i'll get you back" but interesting with the influx of Irish and the interplay of the Civil War.
the end of movie mania.

it's too bad that green and red are only allowed at christmastime.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?