Monday, November 01, 2004

 
happy birthday to me.

last night stephanie and I had planned to go to my church's little halloween party and then go see The Motorcycle Diaries afterward. Well, it turned out that that movie was only play at the theater downtown that plays more indie-type movies. Bah. I didn't want to park in a garage, just Stephanie and me, and risk the weirdos out on the town on Halloween.

So we went downtown and went to a concert, instead. We only had to park a block away. We had been in and out of commitment to seeing this concert with Matt for the last two weeks. He let me borrow the cd, and I had fallen in love with it. We hadn't planned on going to see the concert, but after we decided not to go see the movie, it was a "well... let's go see if it's sold out" situation. And it wasn't sold out- and we were already down there, so we said okay. It was pretty good. A band named Three opened... good musicians, but I just didn't really care for their music. Underoath played... not really my thing either, but Coheed and Cambria was really good.

Underoath dressed up like truckers, most of them, while one wore a little bit of a buzz lightyear outfit and goggles, and another guy was... a robot?

But Coheed and Cambria dressed up like thugs. It was absolutely awesome. They all came out in big jerseys, headbands, baseball hats, the whole bit. The lead singer even had cornrows-- he normally has big curly afro-like hair, but it was in cornrows...whether it had been like that lately, or he did it for the concert, i'm not sure.. but it was seriously hilarious. Anyway- good concert, they played all the songs we've started to love off this cd.

Stephanie saw a guy from high school, we saw a guy from our college (who immediately got cool points for mentioning he had to get out of the pit because he had had enough of the girls rubbing up all over him), and some kid threw up behind us. Good times.

I couldn't sleep last night, and this morning Stephanie and I woke up at 5 to go swimming which felt really nice. I had classes from 7:30-11:40. I'm doing a big project now. Tonight I'll go to dinner with my parents, and hang out with friends.

life is good.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?