Thursday, October 07, 2004

 
There are just some bands that are so good for me. Bands that have been a part of my life for so long, that every time I see them I get renewed a little bit. Like a piece of me, a piece of my life has been reminded about its being.

I am a lucky girl. In less than a week I will see two of those bands. Bands whose music has been such a huge part of my life. Music that helps me see the world a little clearer, that somehow heals me in a strange way.

Tonight it was The Carolines, a band I first heard when I was sixteen, and have been to more shows of theirs than I can count (maybe 20?)
Tuesday night it will be the 14th (i think) time I've seen Switchfoot- a band that i first got introduced to at age 14, in 1997. Stephanie and I will be working at the merch table, which I'm excited about.

I'm a very lucky girl these days. When concerts like this make me the most happiest, you know I need a little something to help me out.

"And what's the deal with all these things
We drive around this town like we were kings (and queens)
Nothing's right and nothing's wrong
And I have yet to hear a saving song"
-Carolines

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?