Friday, October 08, 2004

 
Okay let's tell stupid stories about how stupid I am.

Seth asked me via e-mail what's up with Mt. St. Helens. I don't know, because they change it every day, those crazy volcanologists. One day there's going to be a big eruption, the next day nothing is happening. One day they say not to expect anymore, the next day there are two steam eruptions. Make up your minds!

Anyhow- I'm really excited, and I want it to blow... but last Sunday was probably the height of my excitement. Like any other Sunday I got up before everyone in my house and proceeded to get ready. No listening to the radio or tv on, because I try to be quiet. I make it out to my car, and this last Sunday I had to drive to my parents' to pick up my mom for church.

I get to the car and listen to music instead of the radio, which is completely normal for me. I'm driving down the street and it seems really foggy, but I think nothing of it. I start heading north on the freeway and once I'm heading closer to Washington it seems as those this "fog" is in plumes, that it's moving, and covering everything. I start to think "could Mt. St. Helens have blown this morning?"

I start getting really excited, and I mean really excited. I can't see anything- the sun is mostly covered, and once heading east I can't see past the other four lanes across the freeway- this smoke is so thick. I'm convinced Mt. St. Helens has blown and that I need to remember where i was, what i was doing, and what I was listening to (Weezer's green album). I start to think that this could be a pretty cool day!! I even call my roommate (thus waking her up) and tell her "mt. st. Helens blew!"

I get off the freeway, get to my house where my mom is waiting and say "mt. st. helens blew!" and she says "what? noo.." and i say "come look!" and she says "Meghan... let's turn on the radio".

So we do. And they are talking about measures, the election, the war in Iraq- anything BUT mt. st. helens.


so defeated.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?