Monday, May 03, 2004

 
After a meeting with the current and upcoming PAs it became so clear to me what a unique and unexplainable job being a PA is. Some current PAs commented on how you can't really explain the friend/PA boundaries, you can't tell your out-of-dorm friends exactly what's going on, because they won't understand, and you can't put into words what a weight of responsibility the whole situation entails, the 24/7 job that it is. You cannot walk away from this job- it doesn't let you. All of us agreed that no matter where you are, you're thinking of your hall.. maybe not people specifically but of your hall, your responsibilities, and constantly questioning your priorities and your own activities.

while most are dreaming of the day finals are over so that they can be free from the reigns of homework and professors, i dream of the day I can enjoy myself without worrying about the next hall meeting, hall activity, or the incident report i have to file.

it is not that i dislike my job. It is not that I wish I hadn't done it. I have loved this year, I have loved the experience, I have LOVED the responsibility, I have loved the relationships. But it's hard to explain. freedom awaits me this summer.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?