Saturday, April 17, 2004

 
so i made this onesie for my niece, right?



my mom used to work for a retired senator here in oregon. he and george bush were in the senate at the same time, and wives of a lot of the men who were new in the senate at the time used to get together for lunch a lot. they still send letters to each other, and my mom, being the secretary and fielding all the mail, got to read a lot of them.

so my mom printed off this picture of my niece hannah, and sent a letter explaining how she used to work for this senator, and how she grew to love and admire barbara from reading her personal letters. She also told her how i got interested in her around Christmas and got her books for Christmas, and then, being the doting aunt, made hannah this onesie.

My mom called me today and told me that we got a handwritten letter in the mail (she said the letter and the picture made her day) and two book plates that say "to meghan, the best aunt, from barbara bush" for my books :) oh man, am i excited!

now, i just gotta send off that switchfoot one.. hmmm.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?