Sunday, November 02, 2003

 
Weekend wrap up? Perhaps. I'm bored.

Friday night I spent with Natalie and Stephanie. Good fun was had by all. Dinner in the caf, coldstone, movies. Spent the night at Natalie's. Talked about boys.

Saturday morning I woke up and got ready and went to a ladies' brunch for ladies from our church. It was an appreciation brunch (surprise) for our pastor's wife (who is also in charge of the music). It was good times. They sang to me (mom made them).

I spent the rest of the day hanging out with the parental units. It was good. Mom and I drove out to the country to pick up dad somewhere. I opened my presents in the car. Dad and Mom said they would get the transmission fluid and oil changed on my car, and I didn't have to pay. That is a HUGE burden off my chest- it's been needing to get done since early September and the money issue is huge.. I wanted to cry right there in Subway. My parents are too nice to me.

So dad took my car, and mom and I did a little bit of shopping. We picked up a multivitamin for me, because I think i'm anemic and have been SO incredibly tired this last week, even with more than enough sleep. I got a new toothbrush! weeee. it is red.

We picked up grandma and went and saw Radio- good story, it was a "heartwarming" movie, and interested for me because I'm in a class right now that is about disabled students... so that was an interesting perspective for me. Anyway- I was not disappointed with the movie. I liked it. We then went to dinner at a steak house here in portland. an HOUR wait, and i felt bad for making everyone sit there, but oh well. Good dinner, of course.

Um, by the time we got home from dinner it was ten pm, and I was tired, so i checked e-mail and went to bed.

Church this morning, and then April and Michele took me out to lunch, and we hung out a little bit this afternoon- that was nice- i don't get to see those girls enough. Then i went home, finished laundry, and wrote a paper (glad that is done).

So maybe I will tell you what I got:
Simon and Garfunkel "The Essential" (33 songs!)
Ginny Owens songbook
"The Book of Virtues" (william j. bennett)
money money money (which is what i needed. I just went from being incredibly poor to having money.. good things. I am blessed)
"Children's Letters to God" (cute!)
glittery, smelly pens
Sleeping at Last "Ghosts" (yay!)
A Newsweek! hehe
And april said i get my present tuesday. WEEEEE i think I know what that means. whoo hoo

So cool. I'm overwhelmed cause it's more than i thought i would be EVEN be getting.

Plus, of course, Jesus got me cold weather. it's VERY cold today, and i forgot a coat.

"Sometimes it seems the world is passing us
faster than my eyes can adjust
i can't decide
if i'm living or i'm dying
so i test your level and i test your love
i test your love....
....
like a moth to a flame, we become helpless
to the beautiful ghosts
that true love sheds"
- Sleeping at Last

gorgeous.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?