Tuesday, October 21, 2003

 
Dr. Plies's son came to speak today in our Humanities 310 class. And i loved it. Because he spent a good chunk of time in El Salvador with an organization that builds schools. He did a great job of combining what SHOULD be our compassion and sacrifice for those less fortunate with our economic greatness and disgusting culture. And by combine I mean- he mixed all that together while he was speaking. It was simply wonderful- and it reminded me why I love missions-oriented things.

And it made me realize that maybe I won't be doing what I've been planning on doing for the rest of my life. Normally this limbo would make me scared and awkward.. but for some reason it makes me extremely happy.

"And joy is always a promise"-L'Engle

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?