Sunday, September 21, 2003

 
I wonder sometimes if it's too much to ask to want to be able to (agh, bad writing) understand things. I'm one of those reconciler people and i just wish I got "it". Or that others would get it or something. Natalie and I had good talks tonight.

It is completely weird to be in love with so many things right now. mewithoutYou, Mates of State, Douglas Coupland....

And then to still wonder about so many things: Tyler having to kill people in Iraq. It makes it all so real now- It's not some far off thing anymore... Tyler will be stuck forever with having to kill other people. The peace protests. Politics. Trying to find a nice middle ground between conservative and liberal. Something without a label.

And i wish i could find someone to share this all with. Someone who'll face this weird mystery of life together with me. Maybe I'll face it alone.



On a completely opposite note: cologne always does me in.


"It all begins with a smile
Who is reading this?
Who is leading this?


Cause I thought you should know
that this is not an open book
(it's the cycle of five)
They read so much it tears them down
They're all around the kinder people
like the Federman's tale
And I know myself
of course cause it's certifiable
The people that are pushing in their cheeks, oh


And i thought you should warn them
that this is not an open book
And i know how strong the pull of what's fortified,
make sense?


Don't read so much it tears you down
you're all around
the kind of people
like the prodigal heirs and their sons
(you're turning into the people,
the people like the prodigal heirs
and their sons).


Tell me what you have
And that's when i'll know
if you have anything to start with


These are the fibers of what makes the world
Left are the fibrous ones
who've met the world
Here are the favors done
left are the fibers of letting go"
-Mates

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?