Thursday, September 18, 2003

 
AndI'm learning this strange lesson of learning to live with, and like, people who I normally would not seek out.

Now I've done this in year's past, living on the hall. But I'm the PA this year, and that means I have to talk to everyone. If i was a normal student i wouldn't have to. But now i'm beginning to see why this is good for me.. and actually enjoy spending time with these people.

There is a girl on my hall who is super patriotic. She's very vocal about what she thinks, and doesn't really stop to think about how others are going to take it. Her favorite movie is Air Force One. She came by my door today and was playing a song loudly (though I couldn't hear it because i had music playing in my room) and said "This is the best song ever... Angry American by Toby Keith". She made a very big deal out of September 11th, and didn't attend our hall activity because of it. That's cool and everything- but she is really not like me at all. And i have to learn to deal with it- to like her, to be nice to her, to spend time with her.

Plus, you know, like every other year, everybody likes to play the Fish radio station in our bathroom. The only time, really, that this is okay is when they play Nichole Nordeman and Amy Grant. Other than that.. blahhh. But people have different tastes than I. I have super quiet girls, i have super loud girls. I have super preppy girls.. and super not-preppy girls. It's an interesting hall.

I'm so glad I have this opportunity. If i didn't live in this tiny dorm hall with 13 other girls... If I had always lived at home, and commuted- I'd have no new friends. and i'd stay in my box. I don't want to be in a box. It is so worthwhile to know people for who they are, instead of their interests.



in other news: our library had a book sale today. mostly books from the 50's.. but they had old records for sale! Among the hundred beethoven records I found a Roberta Flack record, and a collection of some jazz songs.

cost: 20 cents. And Natalie even gave me the twenty cents. Hip hip! Back to your day, now.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?