Sunday, August 17, 2003

 
i write about the stupidest, most trivial things, but if you didn't want to read about it, you wouldn't come here. so ... uh.. i don't know where i was going with that sentence.

at the end of church today we sang "in my life lord, be glorified.." and on the third verse it was "in Your church, Lord, be glorified..." and i started crying. I absolutely hate the fact that Christians in themselves are so divided. I hate that people think they are better than other Christians because they "get it". I hate that poeople dislike each other, other denominations, organizations, etc because of the smallest things. because people aren't cool enough, because they're not all the same.

today i was leaving church and walking to my car.... our church has a small paved lot, and then a lot behind that that is all gravel, and behind the gravel lot is still our church property but grass and some trees. It was quite odd cause I took a whiff of those trees and was really reminded of walkabout. and then i got into my 1980 Volvo and smelled my car smell.. which i love. It was like two worlds coming together.

man my car smelled good today. i liiiiiked it.

my little kiddie cousins are coming toniiiiiiiight! i'm so excited, i love them so much. Stephanie is 6, Ryan is 2 1/2, and Lauren is about eight months. Aiieee. They are the cousins that i spent the summer with last year, i lived in their house and worked for their dad (who is my actual cousin, the kids are second cousins, or whatever you call it). anyway. i love these kids... they seem more like my nieces or nephews than cousins, just cause i've spent so much time with them now. I love stephanie cause she is bouncy and she has dimples and difficult brown hair. She has a funny toothy grin and has a tiny speech impediment. she talks with her hands. Ryan is has this gorgeous light red hair and never cries if he falls down. He can hit himself on ANYTHING and he always gets up fighting. he's going to be a big smiling teddy bear type of guy just like his dad. I love that kid so much, i want a boy just like him. And Lauren is Lauren- she has gorgeous auburn hair and i don't know much of her personality yet, but she sure is cute. She wasn't around when i was there last summer (because well, she was born in december), so i haven't spent a lot of time with her.

I can't wait to see them, and to have stephanie yell "MEGHAN!" and come running towards me and i scoop her up (and i'm sad that she's getting so big i won't be able to scoop her up soon)... and to have Ryan just exclaim "ahhhh ennn!!" and run towards me and i scoop him up... and flip him around upside down and such... AGHH i'm so excited.
"yeah
it hardly matters
it doesn't matter"
- mates... o'..... state

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?