Friday, July 11, 2003

 
In my household, growing up, there was no swearing. I don't think I ever heard a swear word out of my parents' house until I was out of high school. I have just grown up knowing that you don't need cussing to express your feelings, that you can do that simply with other normal words. So people that know me know that i don't ever really swear.. for some people it's a habit TO swear.. for me it's a habit not to.

I've just always associated swearing with negative things. Cause when you think about it- all those words ARE negative. Not that I don't say negative things myself (like 'that's satanic'), but i still flinch when i hear those words, and they've never really meant anything positive to me.

So then I bought this Mates of State cd. And if anyone could make the word "ass" fun and sing along like.. it's them. I've resorted to swearing when I sing along with them. Track 4 on "My Solo Project".

"Get off your ass before you go." I find this post pretty funny. You should, too.

I saw Alina today and talked a little bit. She and Stephanie got moved into the apartments... AND I"M SO SAD. wah. i want my sophomores. aaghh.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?