Thursday, May 08, 2003

 
I got my first whiff of summer tonight. I sat in my best friend's new apartment... ooing and aahing over everything- it's brand new (well one person's lived in it, i think)... but it's so awesome, new and modern. And we were sitting there by ourselves, and i'm just like "this is so weiiirddd.. no parents at all- this is your OWN place." and her two brothers were over, and her sister's fiance. It was so weird. Then Sarah came over.. and it was like we'd all been together all along. I drove back to school with Red Animal War blazing and that was my first whiff of summer. I had looked at april in the apt and said "I have no homework to think about!!!!" all i have to think about is packing this place up.

Which is what i've been doing for the last two hours. I'm going to go watch sixteen candles maybe.. if april didn't already take it back to her apt, but i have a feeling she did.

But anyway. I've been sitting here packing up. I can feel a new chapter in my life starting, and i'm so excited. So so excited and I don't even know what's going to happen yet. Usually I would have qualms, or feel sad about leaving the dorms.. i did last year. But i guess i'm just ready to leave. Ready to leave my sophomore year behind me. It's so weird- I can't even remember this year, i don't even remember if anything substantial happened. It just seems like a "nothing' year right now. So i'm listening to the best cd for a new change in my life. Switchfoot's "Legend of Chin". Because (i know this is so incredibly corny... but.) it's been there in all the changes. Six years running now.. my favorite cd.. ever. This is perfect. Absolutely perfect.

"Don't be there
Cause I'm on my way
And I'm already gone over
And i'm on my way


And I can't recall myself
How i went down
Did i get shot
or shoot myself


I'm down here
And you're way up there
But that doesn't hurt badly
But it stings right here


And i won't pretend there's nothing there
You'll be around
And I'll be square
Don't be alarmed if I'm not there
You be around
And i'll be square


If you're a rose
Then I'm the thorn
That's in your side
And does it hurt badly
Cause it burns right here

I'd like to say hello
I'd like to say i care
Id like to let you know
That nothing here's the same with me
Nothing here's the same


Don't be around
Don't be there"
-SF