Monday, April 14, 2003

 
What a glorious day. I'm so glad little things can make me happy.

I got a decent amount of sleep at about 8 hours. I went and ordered flowers to be delivered to my mom, spending much more than I anticipated, but i thought " you know what? it's my freakin' mom. She deserves more than three carnations". Sooo. i did that. Then i went and babysat, fully enjoying the new Copeland cd on the way there and the way back. It's about 30 miles of free way driving, so a sufficient cd is required. Copelend is definitely sufficient.

So the baby didn't scream in my face today, which was nice. Just towards the end he was crying cause he was tired, and he really resists sleep like the plague.

Then i drove back here. I checked my mail and found 3 wonderful things: tickets for a concert, my first bandoppler magazine and my new cool hand luke cd "Wake up, O Sleeper". I shall comment on the magazine first.

I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet, but i flipped through the whole thing, looking at all the pages. What a great magazine.. but i just say that based on visuals and topics so far. Although it's kinda funny that the font and a lot of the layout is the same as HM (cause Jason Dodd used to be the editor or something at HM), it's still good stuff, and a slick magazine. Very, very clean, which is something i really like. So now i'm listening to the Cool Hand Luke cd. It's much more melllow (mellower?) than the last cd, but i still like it. I have so much respect for these guys and their outright lyrics, and blatant talk of how everything is for God, and how they hope everyone (who reads the insert) has a personal relationship with Jesus. You don't have a lot of bands saying that these days (even in CCM), much less an "underground" band. I like them. I told my roomate "I just want to kiss them..." probably on the forehead.

Oh yeah- after checking my mail, i got a good parking spot (which never happens after coming back from babysitting on Mondays) and went and paid of my school account (thanks mom). Then i went to class BLAAAHHH.

But now i'm skipping another class to go to dinner with my family. Well, my class is from 4-5:15, and we're meeting for dinner at five. But last night i was thinking "man, i don't want to go to that class very much." and then my mom called and said "can you pick up grandma before dinner?" and i said "sure.. i was thinking about skipping class anyway!" so yeah. pick up grandma, go to dinner to see my cousins from washington (i haven't seen them or their kids since January- so excited), mom, dad, joel, rinda, grandma, and DA BABY Hannah. exciting. what a great day. what a GREAT day.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?