Wednesday, April 02, 2003

 
ooookay. so last night was this Switchfoot/Denison Marrs/Noise Ratchet concert that i had been looking forward to since I heard that Denison Marrs was touring with SF in December. Really. I heard about it over Christmas break (maybe it was early january) and have been counting down all these days.

Like the freak I am, I made Natalie and her sister all leave early with me, and we got there a little after five o'clock. natalie's mom had actually made a sack dinner, so we had peanut butter and honey sandwiches, gushers, vegetables (mostly only natalie ate those), and... some other stuff. we camped out in front of the theater. nice. it was quiet funny, i kept laughing at the thought of us doing it.

Doors were supposed to open at six, but instead opened at 6:40. The concert was supposed to start at 7, but didn't start till 7:30. While we were standing there, waiting for it to start, i started to get antsy cause I hadn't seen any of the Denison Marrs guys, didn't see any of their merchandise, etc. I had seen Switchfoot, and Noise Ratchet.... so i started to get scared. And then of course some other band called Acceptance came out and said that Denison Marrs couldn't make it, so they would play. They definitely weren't bad, I kinda liked them, but i really looking forward to seeing Denison Marrs.

So i asked Roger from Noise Ratchet why DM wasn't there, and he said "oh they just left.. they wanted to go home... their drummer quit." Nice.

So now i feel really dumb that i wrote them this fan letter, an encouraging letter, telling them i couldn't wait for april 1st, when they would come to portland, and then they didn't even come. Bah. BAH HUMBUG.

Okay done. The Switchfoot part WAS great. I love their shows. They just want to have fun. I'm so stupid and groupie-like that i got a broken drum stick and Chad's set list. Talked to Jon a little bit afterwards. I wanted pictures with SF and DM for my PA "on duty" signs for next year, but SF was all scattered about, so i just got a picture with jon while he rambled on and on about mergers, and i looked at him all confused. Talked to chad a little. Saw Angee!! She's cute. She's my fellow obsessed fan. Sophie wasn't there, which was pretty sad.

Umm. that's about it. I have SO much homework that i should be doing now. I have a test today at four, that i should be writing notes for, or studying for, but... i've kinda just gone "who cares?" right now. I mean, i have studied for all the other tests, and worked my butt off in this class. Maybe i'll just review the ends of the chapters after i eat lunch.

I'm really really hungry. I went to bed hungry last night, then woke up and was still hungry. Went to practicum, and now i'm sitting here, waiting for natalie to get out of choir, with my stomach hurting. mmmm foooooood. me wants fooooood.

Carroll- if you read this before i talk to you- obviously i couldn't get you a DM pin CAUSE THEY WEREN'T THERE!!! and SF didn't have pins either. Sorry!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?