Sunday, March 02, 2003

 
Someone asked on the Switchfoot board (in reference to the song):
"This is your life.. are you who you want to be?"

and I responded:

Yeah, that is a hard question.
I'd say that I've finally gotten to the point where I can accept and like myself (it's been a long journey!), I genuinely like a lot of who I am, and like the person before me, I wouldn't change a lot of my decisions and experiences.

But still i'm wondering how I can make myself a better person. Am I kind enough to my roomate (not even), and I compassionate enough? (not even close), do I have a servant attitude? (only a few times, and I don't even know if that's sincere), do I take in each day like it's my last? (now there's something to work on!)

My PA (RA) has a cool framed thing in her room, and it's her "mission statement". It says "i'm courtney brown. I will listen. I will be compassionate" and I'm getting ready to make myself one.... i want to do it so bad.

And at the end i want it to say "I will believe in myself and in the wondrous ways God can shape and mold my life. I will dare to move" or something to that affect.

If we get too complacent- watch out! I really really challenge you guys to examine yourself, your beliefs, and who you are. I'm really at the stage of doing that now, and i'm finding out more about me than I ever thought I could even BE! It's amazing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?