Tuesday, February 25, 2003

 
So today the new Switchfoot cd came out. As most of you know, I'm pretty much obsessed. It's not that obsessed as in "oh my gosh he's so hot" it's more obsessed that their music has always found me where I am, no matter where I am, in my life. It has been a constant comfort in my life. I swear whatever Jon writes it's like exactly what i need at the moment.

"This is your life, are you who you wanna be?".... "I dare you to move, I dare you to move. I dare you to pick yourself off of the floor" I am applying for a PA (what equals an RA) position. I am doing it because I want to be a PA, but also because I know it is what God wants me to do, to at least apply. The interview was kinda scary cause it's just me and four other people in leadership, and some of the questions I didn't want to answer. I am making myself do this. I need to make myself do this. I need to move.

"we were meant to live for so much more.... we want more than this world's got to offer. we want more than the wars of our fathers. Everything inside screams for second life" The crazy wonderful miracle that is life is screaming at me more everyday.I cannot believe how active my brain has been in the last few weeks, not about schoolwork usually, but about those crazy wonderful life questions that we all just wanna know the answers to. My sister in law is due to give birth in 2 or 3 weeks, and just thinking about it makes me cry right now! Feeling that baby kick and move inside her is just so wondrous. Does it get any better than this? Can it?

And all this is just a reflection of who we are. Just a glimpse at things, at ideas, at Him. It does get better. Better than inspirational music that makes you want to be a better person, better than the miracle of new life, better than make yourself move into someone you know you should be.

"It was a beautiful letdown
when you found me here
and for once in a rare blue moon
I see everything clear


I'll be a beautiful letdown
that's what I'll forever be
and though it may cost my soul
I'll sing for free


We're still chasing our tails
and the rising sun
and our dark water planet
spins in a race
where no one wins
and no one's won


I don't believe here
I don't belong here
I'm gonna set sight
and set sail for Kingdome come
Your kingdom come
Won't you let me down!
Let my foolish pride forever let me down


Easy living, you're not much like your name
Easy dying, you look just about the same
Would you please take me off your list?
Easy living, please come and let me down


what a beautiful letdown
painfully uncool
The church of the drop outs, the losers,
the sinners, the failures and the fools.
What a beautiful letdown
are we salt in the would?
Let us sing one true tune"


It takes more than I thought to give it all back to Him.
"oh, i am the second man
oh, i am the second man, now"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?