Monday, December 23, 2002

 
So.... enough of this self pity stuff. Let's talk about my boring life!! Yay! (har har har)

Today i woke up at ten. That was nice. I ate some fake cinnamon toast crunch and a banana while watching some of the View. Ohyeah. Then I got online and tried to look up someone who i used to post with on the POD boards, and wanted to thank him for making me listen to Brandtson. I PMed him- he posts on another board now.

Today I have certain things to do, which is interesting. I have to make oatmeal cookies, and then go to the dollar store to find wedding cards. Then tonight my mom and I are going to Laura's wedding. That means I have to dress up :( GAG. i need to do some laundry. I guess those are all my plans for today. Tomorrow I make clam chowder for Christmas eve family get together. That is mega-exciting, I know. I could do a play by play with the clam chowder, that could be fun. I'll start about 3pm tomorrow, to have it done by 7. I used to help make clam chowder at the deli, this summer, so i know what I'm doing (plus i called my aunt and got more specific directions). It is a definite undertaking.. I mean.. this is HOMEMADE. I do everything BUT shuck my own clams (you buy those at costco). Hopefully it will turn out okay. I will be a major cook tomorrow.. so watch out! Maybe I can't share the step by step process.. hmm.. It IS a kinda secret recipe. So nevermind, but I will tell you some steps.

I've been watching this Rock and Roll documentary that I got from the library. It's .. ohh.. about ten hours long or something. I got the first video, watched those two hours, returned it and got the next video. I've been learning a lot... about how rock and roll got started, and what it stemmed from. The episode I watched yesterday was about Bob Dylan and the Beatles, and how they were doing new things and all that. I mean, myself, as a child of the late 80's, early 90's, I think about the Beatles and I just know they were a great rock band, but I don't think about how they changed things, you know? I mean, those two groups were big innovators of how you could put music together and combine different styles of music to make a new one. Plus! I never realized how much they influenced each other during those times.. that like, Bob Dylan influenced John Lennon, etc... I guess mentally I don't put Bob Dylan and the Beatles in the same.. thought.

So anyway. I'm learning a lot. The next episode is about black gospel music combining with soul (I think) and making motown type stuff, like Aretha Franklin. That shall be interesting. I will keep you updated! (i know you want to know!)

in other news.. i added and corrected some links over there to the side.. I still need to do some more. Check out Effin's live journal.. i love reading it cause it's just wacky and he's got a great sense of humor. It's good for entertainment purposes. I also added a great quote from a great band at the top of the screen that is very useful in categorizing all this blogging business. I love you Dear Ephesus! Today is monday so now I will be making my way over to the homestar runner website to check on the new strong bad e-mail!
_____________________________________________________________________
"No sounds
Yet echoes in the room
Loud voices telling lies to their own truth
Here is something for you to write down in your journal
Here is nothing for you to write down in your journal

Carry on you're a deaf man
You can never believe just what you hear
Carry on you're a blind man
You can never believe just what you see


Am I documentary?
I must be a documentary.

Fly fishing 'cross the rivers of Colorado
Hey mother do you think that I'm a man yet?
Hey mother do you think that I'm a man?
[chorus]

carry on you're a deaf man
You can never believe just what you hear
{speaking when there's no words}
Carry on you're a blind man
You can never believe just what you see
{speaking when there's no words}
Carry on you're a deaf man
You can never believe just what you hear
{speaking when there's no words}
Carry on, Carry on
You can never believe just what you see
"-Dear Ephesus

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?