Monday, October 07, 2002

 
Granted, I'm not a Dylan fan, by any means. I know none of his stuff, except for the obvious songs I've heard before like "Forever Young"..

However, last night I trekked down to Eugene (hippie capital of Oregon), with my friend Jaime (who's.. well .....obsessive) to see Bobb-O play. Jaime's never seen him before, and it was a big night for her, she was pretty much freaking out for the last two months.

Anyway. So anything i've ever heard of Bob Dylan's was on cd, and just briefly, because Jaime plays his stuff in her room. BUT. even though I'm not a fan, i had a great time last night.

Someone should've told me that it's jam music.. that it's rock 'n' roll! I never knew that! Someone should have told me that if I like the Carolines (a lot of jam stuff), then i would like Bob Dylan's music, especially live.

But. that's not the point of this thread. The point of this thread was how cool it was to be in a different atmosphere than I'm used to. By now I'm used to small venues with small bands. i'm used to a bunch of kids my age. I'm used to seeing other band t-shirts. I wasn't used to this.

It was just so awesome to see the diverse crowd. The old people that look like my parents. The hippies from this generation to the hippies leftover from the last. Preppy college students. Parents with their young kids. Everything in between. And I just sat there and people-watched all night. Taking in the music, and watching people. It was very cool to watch these people get moved by this music. And last night just proved to me...

Music is not for money. Music is not for fame. Music is for moving the people.

"forever young"-BD


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?