Wednesday, July 24, 2002

 
"Who needs church when you have a Stavesacre concert... " I said.

"What?" She laughed like I was joking.

"I'm serious" I said.

When you've got a concert like Stavesacre's, with "keep waiting", "Minuteman" and "Gold and Silver", who really needs a regular church service? That was my church service. Right there. i almost started crying.

I havent' been a church regular this summer (you probably already know that). I've been to church twice since the middle of may. I don't like my cousin's presbyterian church.. i went once. And i went to church once at home a couple of weeks ago.

But it's kinda nice. Cause you get your own chance to find God in stuff. Like stavesacre. And your 2-year-old and 5-year-old cousins' smiles. And in nice people. And in people who comment on your Switchfoot stickers. And in a beautiful day. And in when you actually sit down and read your Bible. And in all the blessings.

"I wanna be ready
Just like the minuteman"
-Stavesacre

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?