Tuesday, July 23, 2002

 
When you're at work, and it's slow, your mind just starts working and won't stop.

I thought about popularity today. And i realized what a fake thing it is. I know, I know. I already knew that. But I actually had an EXAMPLE!!!! weee.

Back in October I went to see Starflyer59 and Pedro the Lion with my brother, and Kellen. Yeah, I liked Kellen then, and it was this huge deal to be there with him (to me). When we were leaving someone said "Meghan!" and it turned out to be someone I talked to a little online because of our mutual love for Dear Ephesus. As I was talking to him, Rachel (a girl I have known through middle school and high school) came up to say hi, and started chatting with me. Between Aaron, Rachel, and my brother and Kellen waiting for me, I felt pretty wanted. I felt like i had all this attention.

But really? It was all fake. I mean, sure, i talked to them for a few minutes and all that. But really? I want some real friends. People to talk to about more than chit-chat things. People who will hang out in your dorm room for hours with no agenda. THOSE are the people. That was my *one* popular moment. And i'd trade it for friends any day.

"When you surround yourself
With lunatics
and crack addicts.
When you find yourself
falling down
On the inside..."
--238

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?