Monday, July 29, 2002

 
Soooooooo. my mom found my old blog. And she wrote in my guestbook at my website that she loves me, and reading it made her sad, and my life is just beginning. I cried. Thanks mom.

Today at work we stumbed upon this question "do cows have belly buttons?"

So we called my dad, O wise Bovine man. This is how the conversation went:

Dad:Hello?
Me: hi dad!
Dad: Hi.
Me: we were all just sitting here wondering if cows have belly buttons
Dad: yeah, they do. But not inverted ones.
Me: oh. So they have umbilical cords?
Dad: Yeah...
Me: okay. So on a female cow, where would her belly button be?
Dad: between the the udders and the front legs. You know how we used to soak the cord in iodine?
Me: Huh? (he forgets that I'm too young to remember anything from when we lived on the farm).
Dad: We cut the cord, but left it somewhat long, and then you soak it in iodine.
Me: Then it just falls off?
Dad: Yeah.. eventually it dries up and falls off..

What a wonderful conversation. I tell ya. :)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?