Friday, July 26, 2002

 
About the conversation with my mom last night.. this is how some of it went:

Her: So are you still talking to your boyfriends (she meant online)?
Me: I dont' have any boyfriends! I talk to Nick once in a while. He has a girlfriend mom, you know that.
Her: I know, I know. Do you still talk to Seth?
Me: Um... well no, not really... it's this whole confusing situation.
Her: So tell me about it.
(and i did.. and after that...)
Me: It just hurt, cause he went after carole. Like a week after
Her: well you did tell him to get lost, what do you expect?
Me: Well it was her! That's what I cared about. He had told me all these things about how he could never, and never Carole, and all this stuff..
Her: Yeah..
Me: and it just seemed like he was lying that whole time.. or SOMETHING.
Her: well I guess when you're dating, they will say things they don't mean..
Me: Yeah, I've figured that out.

Anyway. So i'm glad i talked to my mom about it. She has a wonderful way of simplifying things, and making it not seem so much like a stinkin' big deal.

There is nothing exciting happening here. I'm reading the Poisonwood Bible (Have a mentioned that already?), and i'm really getting into it. The first part was so-so and i was kinda bored, going "Is this going to be the whole book? Their year in the Congo?" but then it gets interesting. I think a few of you guys would like it.

I got tips today! Yay! Cash! I rely on us splitting the tips for my spending money here at the beach. I don't use the atm's, cause that'd cost me a lot, so i just rely on my tips. I got this wad of cash, and i don't have anything to spend it on...

But i think I do want this Thelonious Monk/John Coltrane cd.. but i have to buy it online. Have I told you guys that there is not a single cd store on the WHOLE peninsula??? gee whiz. I think i've found my calling. BRING MUSIC TO THE PEOPLE!!

It's a Carolines evening.

"To fit in your scene
You'd give anything
and i go to china
lalalallaalala
and i go to russia
yayayayyaya
and i go around the world
and i go to..
whoo!"
-carolines.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?